Welcome to Ridgway Merinos
2020 Annual On Property Sale
Our 2020 Annual On Property Sale will be held on Monday August 10th, inspection at 10am and the sale will commence at 1pm. We look forward to seeing you there.
Alternative purchasing options available:
We have a range of alternative purchasing options available for your convenience:
- This year we will be live streaming our sale via Auctions Plus - view the details
- Book a pre-sale ram inspection to view our rams before our Auction day.
- If you can't get to us for a pre-sale inspection we can take more photos or videos of your selected lots and offer our advice or comments on selections.
- Phone bidding through agents can also be arranged.
- You can also view our catalogue on either Merino Select or Ram Select.
All enquiries please contact Ric or Matt.
The Ridgway stud motto is ‘Ridgway – the Right Way’ and is something we passionately believe in and pursue every day.
We trust this introduction to our business will give you a meaningful insight into our productive Poll Merino sheep enterprise based at Lameroo in South Australia. We invite you to follow up with any further enquiries you may have and hope that if not already a Ridgway client, that at some stage you will inspect and invest in our genetics and then join the many other successful Ridgway clients.
The typical Ridgway sheep of today are big, plain and deep bodied, clean pointed, sound structured and highly fertile. They carry long stapled, free growing and deeply crimped fine medium wools on thin, wrinkle free and loose skins. We have put selection emphasis on these traits for well over a decade as part of our continual genetic improvement program.
From a total sheep productivity and profitability perspective, we are confident that these are the types that will perform exceptionally well across a total range of environs; as evidenced by Ridgway clients who operate from the vast and lower rainfall pastoral areas of South Australia and New South Wales through to 750mm rainfall districts in the southern areas of Australia.